Rockstar Games’ next GTA 6 entry faces a mega leak with over 90 videos showcasing an alledged build of the project.
(Image credit: Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. )
What you need to know about GTA 6
- The first alleged footage of the next Grand Theft Auto game has leaked online, with over 90 videos showcasing its engine, gameplay, and more from an early development build.
- The historic leak provides a glimpse into development, confirming prior reports of the series’ first female protagonist and a Vice City setting.
- The leak stems from a “network intrusion,” according to Rockstar Games, allowing a third party to gain access to confidential information from within the studio.
- The user, who first posted the footage to GTA Forums, has claimed access to stolen source code and other assets or “no less than five figures,” though Rockstar Games states the hack has no “long-term effect” on development.
UPDATE (09:10 EST — SEPT. 19, 2022)
Rockstar Games has responded to a recent leak rpre order gta 6 game play that saw over 90 videos of gameplay footage from the next Grand Theft Auto game posted online. The developer has confirmed the leak resulted from a from an external third party, which obtained access to “confidential information” from the firm.
Work on the next title, widely known as pre-order gta 6 pre-order news, remains underway “as planned,” according to Rockstar Games, promising more information on the project at a later date. It also stated it doesn’t “anticipate any disruption” to its live service titles like GTA V GTA 6 pre order and Red Dead Redemption 2 or “ any long-term effect” on development.
Rockstar Games has also stressed it is business as usual for the developer, with its existing titles and future projects facing no “long-term effect” following the leak. While we still don’t know when to expect the release of GTA 6 gameplay, there’s no doubt this historic leak will have rippling effects throughout the company.
UPDATE (08:07 EST — SEPT. 19, 2022)
The fallout continues GTA 6 characters GTA 6 development from what many describe as the biggest leak in video game history. The site of the original leak, GTAForums, stated it had been contacted by Rockstar Games parent, Take-Two Interactive, stipulating that copyrighted material be removed. A large red banner has appeared across the top of the site, echoing the follow-up from the leak.
A Reddit thread has compiled some of the major feature reveals as a result of this leak, as Take-Two Interactive continues to play whack-a-mole with copyright takedown notices across YouTube, Twitter, and other forms of social media.
Here are some of the possible features confirmed GTA 6 setting from various videos and posts, although, of course, with any pre-release game, any and all of this may be subject to change in the final product.
- Map locations appear, seemingly set in series staple Vice City.
- As reported previously, the game seems to feature dual female and male protagonists who may be a couple, perhaps taking cues from Bonnie and Clyde.
- You’ll be able to rob interior premises while managing crowds, robbing hostages, and so on. Reminiscent of the opening scenes of Pulp Fiction. It seems to include restaurants, gun shops, gas stations, and more.
- Police seem to recall and record stolen vehicles, potentially forcing you to be more creative with escaping law enforcement, ditching cars and so on.
- Strip clubs and pawn shops return to the game.
- An in-game “WhatUp!” messaging app appears, parodying Facebook’s WhatsApp.
- It seems players can take a prone position on the ground, a first for the series.
- Character animations seem more advanced, with models reacting, bracing, and flinching while being shot at.
- Vehicle interiors and exteriors reportedly feature impressive detail.
UPDATE (19:05 EST — SEPT. 19, 2022)
The plot has thickened around the major gta 6 locations leak, which has seen dozens of videos spill out onto social media and video-sharing websites.
The original source of the leak claims it’s the result of a release date of gta 6 rumors hack / social engineering by a sole actor, who is now ransoming GTA5 source code and other Take-Two Interactive property for “no less than 5 figures,” according to reports from Telegram. Take-Two has also started issuing DMCA copyright claims against users who share the stolen content.
As a further development, a user was seemingly scammed out of $100K USD worth of Bitcoin by purchasing a false repository of the when is GTA 6 going to come out code. The original hacker confirmed that nothing had been sold yet, meaning that the purchaser likely just lost their money.
The hacker’s original Telegram feed also appears to have been deleted. Take-Two’s involvement will undoubtedly lead to charges if the hacker is caught, owing to the unauthorized access and the purported attempts to blackmail the company in exchange for a return of the code.
If GTA 5’s source code leaked, it would lead to an unprecedented compromise in security for users playing GTA Online and potentially other Rockstar Games, leading to cheats, or perhaps worse for the best-selling title.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE (SEPT. 18, 2022)
The next entry in Grand Theft Auto where will gta 6 be set franchise remains shrouded in mystery, and beyond a brief confirmation from Rockstar Games, we know almost nothing about the project. The title, informally known as , will mark the first mainline game since 2013’s GTA V, having racked up a record-breaking 170 million sales to date.
We might be witnessing our first where will where is gta 6 located be set, with a historic dump of media surfacing online, featuring hours of footage from a pre-release build. Over 90 videos are now circulating from the project, as reported by PC Gamer, showcasing its engine, planned setting, and early iterations of gameplay.
The leaked footage closely aligns with what Bloomberg reported back in July, with plans for the game’s first female protagonist as one part of a criminal duo. The narrative, set to draw inspiration from the infamous Bonnie and Clyde, also reportedly aims to retain the franchise’s satirical themes while crafting a more inclusive tone.
The alleged footage comes via GTA Forums user “tepotuberhacker,” posting various snippets of its open world in action from what appears to be an early development build. Footage making the rounds features our two protagonists, including a Latina woman named Lucia. The build also alludes to a Vice City setting, suggesting a revival of the Miami-inspired locale from 2002’s GTA Vice City.
The over 90 videos also provide an extended look at robberies, NPC interactions, vehicles, and more from its sprawling sandbox. The footage appears to be from builds at least a couple of years old, suggesting development has been underway in tandem with recent years of release date for gta 6 trailer release date content updates.
It’s a historic leak from a notoriously tight-lipped developer, providing our first glimpse at one of the most anticipated titles of this decade. Rockstar Games parent Take-Two Interactive has high hopes for when will GTA 6 release, in what CEO Strauss Zelnick stated would “set creative benchmarks for the series, our industry, and for all entertainment.”